Wednesday 3 June 2015

Why?

Someone recently asked me why the sudden flurry of activity, especially when we have lived here for twenty years.

Well you have to start somewhere and sometime I guess, but the long answer is – several years ago, we decided we were going to move and possibly get a smallholding or similar. For various reasons, that dream has not been realised (I live in hope that it still will, though).

So for all those years, our lives have been ‘on hold’ so to speak. There didn’t seem any point doing things here because we would be moving soon. The months added up and the years rolled by and we are still here – but we now have a garden that has seen several years of neglect.

Earlier this year, I spent an extended period of time away from home and that gave me plenty of time to reconsider – and I came to the conclusion that I no longer want to live life ‘on hold’; I actually wanted to LIVE life, as it is, here and now. And that meant not fretting about moving house, and getting on with what needed to be done right where I am.

So when I came home, I got stuck in! No time like the present – and if we do move, then all the experience of what we do here will be useful when we get ‘there’, wherever and whenever that may be.


At least now I’m less embarrassed to admit the neglect – because I am doing something about it!

1 comment: