Friday 19 June 2015

Dressmaking - Part 2

Dressmaking – Part 2

I am the world’s worst coward when it comes to cutting out patterns. So I have put off actually getting started making the dress for nearly a week since choosing the patterns. But events have conspired to force me into getting it done as soon as possible.

The Summer Ball has been cancelled L But, there is another dance in aid of the British Legion – and it is this weekend. So rather than having a week and a half to make the dress, I now have only two days!!

To compound the problem, the table I normally use for laying out my patterns and fabric is unable to be used at present, so I have had to compromise. I used the bed as a table, covering it with a huge piece of cardboard as a flat-ish surface. Anyway, it seems to have worked out all right, though I made the initial mistake of covering the cardboard with a cloth, before realising that I would be likely to pin the pattern to the dress fabric and the cloth. So that had to come out again.



All pinned - well, almost all. The improvised 'table' meant I had to cut it out in parts, so three bits here and the fourth done afterwards:



Anyway, the dress is now cut out:



It will need to be re-pinned and cut out a second time for the lining fabric. 



Both are now done. It's the way the light falls that makes it look two different colours:




All that remains is to sew it together J



No comments:

Post a Comment