Monday 29 June 2015

The corner

Yesterday I cleared a path leading to a corner, from the crazy paving area. Today I thought I would complete the corner and rebuild the wall around the holly hedge.

This is how I left it yesterday:

Quite a mess!

There was a lot of rubbish - stuff people randomly throw over the wall:

Rubbish, but tidily in a pile waiting to be disposed of

Once again, there was a lot of matted roots on the path next to the corner, which had to be removed before I could ascertain what to do with the bricks:


This is a small piece chopped up for ease of lifting - the whole path has been covered in this stuff!

Eventually the path was cleared and the bricks relaid. They are just laid dry - I might have to add some cement at some point, depending if they stay put or not


As you can see, it's slightly curved

I'm not entirely sure why, but some areas have been left without a paving stone right in the middle of the path

Random gap in the paving

The wall beyond the corner needs some tlc too, but that's for another day

You can clearly see where the bit I did today stops and the wall continues

Meanwhile, corner completed - and a bed suitable for ferns or hostas, I think J

That pine tree to the right of the picture is something like 30 feet tall!!







No comments:

Post a Comment