Monday 25 May 2015

The Hard Work Begins

This afternoon, the work started in earnest - and,boy, did it need some work!



I thought I would at least get the bit in front of the door cleared, so it is possible to step inside without standing on things.

There were two old wooden benches that were completely rotten and would need to be disposed of. 




Under the window is a metal frame, with wooden slats on top, forming another bench. Many of the slats have disappeared entirely and most of those that are left are rotten in varying degrees. I managed to salvage enough to begin the process of tidying up.




Plant pots and seed trays were put on the bench under the window. I was conscious that these old wooden slats might not take the weight, but having nowhere else to put things I wanted to keep, I kept going. Fortunately the bench held. Green netting was folded and placed on the back of an old chair.




Once I started, I couldn't stop and four hours later, I had a tidy greenhouse, with a swept floor. There is still a long way to go, but for now, I am pleased with the progress.



Don't forget to join me at my discussion forum: http://homegrown.forumotion.co.uk/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment