Thursday 29 October 2015

Decorating 4

Just to show I haven't forgotten that I have a garden and house of my own, here are some random autumn pictures of the beech tree in my front garden and the fallen leaves in the drive:




Anyway, today was another day in the second bedroom. It wasn't as hard as I had thought it might be, thankfully and in fact, I finished the whole room (apart from immediately behind the radiator - that's tomorrow's job).

It must have been an interesting bedroom to sleep in! The wall I stripped yesterday was dark brown.

The wall adjacent to it was white.

The wall opposite the brown one was mustard yellow - lovely!! (Picture to follow)

The whole area is now stripped. I felt like I was in a sauna - there was so much steam. Yesterday I had managed to set off the fire alarm; today I closed the bedroom door and opened the window, but there was still a huge amount of steam circulating.

After I had finished, I cleared the majority of mess off the floor (another 5 bin bags full), but I didn't hoover. We are changing the carpet in this room anyway, so cleaning it thoroughly isn't really necessary. By the time I had completed the floor, the walls and window were beginning to dry off.

Next step is to seal round the skirtings where there are gaps, seal the window reveals, and sort out the damp in the built-in wardrobe. There is a pipe leaking which needs some attention to the flashing at roof level. It's not a difficult job, but getting rid of the mould inside the wardrobe might be. I will need to spray it with a mould killer, leave it to dry thoroughly, wash it, then paint over it with something that prevents stains from penetrating the new wallpaper and/or paint. (Again, pictures to follow - I got carried away with the actual work - and a welcome visitor - so forgot to take pictures while there was still enough light to do so).

No comments:

Post a Comment